Monday, August 3, 2009

Tying up loose ends, and having some cut

The county fair ended Saturday. We had a good turnout for the National sanctioned truck pulls. We also had a fairly good crowd Friday night to see "Lonestar" in concert.

I picked up trash for six days. I found six dirty diapers on the ground.

Lady Nottagut-TYG fell victim to some kind of plague Thursday and was in a funk until this morning.

Since my wife was at home sick, that meant that I was going to eat out by myself Sunday. As I sat alone at a four seat table at Bob Country-Fixins, I saw my assistant pastor's wife and child enter the door. When I asked If her husband would be here also, and got an affirmative answer, I invited them to share my table, instead of waiting 20 minutes to be seated. It was nice to have some company during lunch. I have learned, when my wife is sick, leave her alone.

My previously mentioned assistant pastor preached Sunday night service about "Some Fair Proverbs". It covered things we learned while working at the fair and how it applies spiritually. You can check his sermon out at vernonchurch.org.

Monday I went back to work and was swamped with work to do. After I got off work, I had an appointment to get the stitches removed from my arm. The doctor said that it healed up quite nicely.

"The Boy" turned eight Thursday. He had cake & ice cream (and gifts) tonight at his house.

It's been quite the busy week.

3 comments:

Liz said...

That's good that you didn't have to eat by yourself :) Does your arm still hurt?

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

My arm is fairly pain free unless I do something stupid like bump it into a corner of something or over do it. Thanks for asking.

NinjaJohn said...

You could have always asked what the lovely Mrs. Ninja and I were doing for lunch. lol