Monday, August 24, 2009

Book Review by an Eight Year Old

We went yard saling Saturday (I was good, just ask my wife) and found a book for a quarter that I remembered reading in Elementary School. I remember both girls reading it, so couldn't resist buying it for "The Boy" to read. It is "Tales of A Fourth Grade Nothing" by Judy Blume.

At first "The Boy" seemed as interested in it as he is in finding a girlfriend (Girls, ick!). I read a few excerpts out loud to him, and showed him a few of the illustrations. From then on, he absolutely devoured it. He finished it Sunday afternoon. When I asked him how he liked it, his response was (and I quote) "That book was stinkin' hilarious!"

Who better to review a kid's book than a kid?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I loved that book! And it was stinkin' hilarious. The Boy has good taste.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

He is right on, too!

Mrs. Nurse Boy