Saturday, August 8, 2009

Public Service Announcement

Today is National Zucchini Day, also known as National Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day. Due to overzealous planting of zucchini, citizens are asked to drop off baskets of the squash on neighbors' doorsteps. This might annoy some neighbors, but it is a nicer holiday than the "Place a Flaming Brown Paper Bag with Dog Poop on You Neighbors' Porch Day."
This day is not to be confused with National Zucchini Bread Day which is April 25th.

Feel free to leave zucchini bread on my porch any day.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

You can have my zucchini anyday. I don't mind it in bread, but just can't bake it myself. I just don't know what to do with the stuff and I am not a huge fan.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Jewel said...

I'd love to have some zuchini left on my porch! I've been trying to find some around here, but to no avail!