Friday, August 28, 2009

Flashback Friday #53




The New School




Welcome all. Come in have a seat and reminisce again with me. In today's post I cover something that most everyone has been through. The new school.

I attended the same elementary school for grades K-6. I saw classmates come and classmates go. There were two elementary schools in our district. One was West of the high school and the other North. I guess that's why they were called Highland West & Highland North. I attended West. In the sixth grade we spent a week at an overnight camp with the students from North elementary. Sort of a meet & greet. Now we would be attending the same school with them at the Jr. high.


In this school we would change classes and do everything to prepare us for high school. We went from being the big bad sixth graders to being the puny seventh graders. This three story building also had a basement that had classrooms & restrooms. My seventh grade home room is the top floor window on the left from the center door & windows. This school was 12 miles from my house, not just three like my old school. Don't dare miss the bus.


This is my elementary school. Notice how the sun is setting on it in this picture. I've told most of my elementary stories so the sun set on this era of my life. I also recently read that the school district will be closing he two elementaries and combining the on the current middle school campus. All of the schools will be within a two minute drive. It saddened me to hear that this school was closing. There are a lot of memories there. If you notice the window above the door, that is the window in which the bulletin board paper airplane took flight and almost hit the Principal upon landing.(See Flashback Friday # 19)

There may be a few time I shake the ol' noggin and come up with a story from K-6 that I haven't told about, or didn't go into great lengths over. When that happens, we'll jump the timeline like seasoned time travellers.

My new school caused me to face problem & situations that I never dreamed existed. Please join me next week when I tell of the first such problem: the day I became a girl.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

A girl, huh? I'll be back. Now I am curious!

Mrs. Nurse Boy