Monday, January 19, 2009

What's In A Name, Part 2

Some of those who are near and dear to me refer to me as Gweag. Gweag, you may ask, What is a Gweag? The answer may surprise you.

When our youngest daughter (the Ogre) first informed us that we would be grandparents, she asked us what we would like to be called. Lady Nottaguy-TYG quickly exclaimed that she wanted to be called "Nana".

It wasn't so easy for me. I had to ponder the thought for a moment. After some time I replied " I would like to be known as Great, wonderful, exalted, all-knowing grandfather."

When the riotous laughter from all present died down, our oldest daughter,Lady Lemon, exclaimed " The acronym for that would be Gweag".

I am hoping very soon to be Gweag again, as the Ogre's due date for her second child was yesterday. We will keep you posted on our overdue bundle of joy.

What's in a name , Part 1 can be viewed here.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Love the acronym! We used an acronym to name our first dog. His name was DINKY. It stood for Double Income No Kids Yet. After two kids and one income, I started calling him BROKE. However, he didn't like our second child, so off to a new home he had to go.

It must be very exciting to be expecting a new grandchild any day now! Congrats!!!