Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Guess who didn't have to work today.

I took today and the rest of the week off to help the Ogre in any way she needed. The Boy spent the night with us, seeing that his mom was still in the hospital with his new baby sister. With the "White death storm" hitting central Ohio, The Boy didn't have to go to school (Yay, Yay, happy dance). BTW if you want to see some pics of our local version of the storm, The Muffin took some good pics.

I got up to dig Lady Nottaguy-TYG's car out of the ice and snow that coated everything as we slept. Shortly after she left for work, I heard the small footfalls padding across our upstairs floor. The upstairs door opened and down the stairs came a bundle of energy masquerading as a little boy.

If you have never seen "Over The Hedge", (and you should because it is hilarious), The phrase "Play?" will mean nothing to you. Those of you who have seen the movie, know exactly what I am referring to . The Boy wasn't downstairs 10 seconds before he asked me if I wanted to play with him (he also had three action figures in his hands when he asked).
I told him we needed to eat breakfast first.

Afterward, were played with the three action figures, beating up each other. Then we decided to bring them all down for a royal rumble.

I lost track how long we played, but during the rumble, I got a picture & text from the Ogre that they were coming home today. Here is a picture of the Girl all bundled up to face the harsh realities of life on the outside:
After lunch, I introduced the Boy to the game Lionheart, and we watched Veggie Tales : Gideon, Tuba Warrior. Lady Nottaguy-TYG got to come home early, so we had to pick up our toys.

2 comments:

MotherT said...

I only said to move the toys to the other room. I was getting ready to fix supper and the table needed to be cleared off!

I'm really not a party pooper.

Liz said...

lol Mom - you kill me.

look at that sweet little ... paciface :)