Saturday, August 30, 2008

What's in a name?


Sir Nottaguy-Imadad??? What kind of crazy name is that?


When my daughters were going through adolescence, they would bemoan the fact that they were horrid, ugly, disgusting creatures put upon the earth to torment mankind (parents, have you ever heard your kids moan like that? Sure, I know you have). I would attempt to reassure them by telling them how lovely they were, because I would know, because I'm a guy. They would wail like a banshee, and say, "You're not a guy, you're a dad".


On Lady Lemon's blog"Lemonade Living" I first came out with the persona of Sir Nottaguy-Imadad. She thought it was hilarious, and my other daughter, "The Ogre", commented "Who's this Nottaguy-Imadad? I thought we made that up"? You did dear ladies, and I thank you for it.

2 comments:

MotherT said...

Oh, but those girls were soooo wrong!!! You, my dear, are very MUCH a guy!!!

Liz said...

(gag)