Sunday, September 2, 2012

Flashback Friday # 200



Bart Has Been Acting Really Weird


Greetings one & all. As you can see from the title, this is FF #200. Who would have thought that I would have hung on so long? I had to. I haven't told all my stories yet.


Anyway, Those who are familiar with FF know who Bart is. He was once my enemy, who became my best friend. I had been best friends with him for over two years, at this time. Just when you think you know someone, they change.


I had been to Bart's house once (remember, I didn't have my driver's license yet). We walked there from the school. His Mom had agreed to take me home. We goofed around his room, and I got to meet his older sister & younger brother. When little brother had gone outside, big sister asked if I wanted a drink. She had a bottle of Boone's Farm hidden in her room. I took a big swig and I think she got mad because I had taken such a big one.


That was then, this is now. Bart had told me that his parents had gotten "all religious" on him. He wasn't sure that I would be welcome at his house. He said things were really going down and there were lots of serious discussions going on. I didn't know what he meant.


One day, I found out from Carol that Bart had a new girl friend. I wondered why he hadn't said anything to me. Then Carol told me who it was. Dawn Pages! She had been our instigator since 7th grade. We both loved to torment her. Now my best friend is going with our favorite target. Something really strange is going on. I wasn't sure I was liking where this was heading.


Those of you who know Bart & I personally know exactly what happened to Bart. But that storyline is to be continued later.

No comments: