Thursday, July 1, 2010

Whole lot of random goin' on.

Yes, I am still alive. I know I haven't posted in a nearly a week. Here goes a little bit of nothing and a lot of everything.

Tired. That pretty much sums me up. We are seriously undermanned at work and have been working lots of overtime. They split up the group that I "Nanny" over. One part is still just outside my department while the other is at the far east end of plant #2 (I work at the far west end of plant #1). It's like babysitting the kids who live down the block while you stay in our house. Every once & awhile I venture down to see if they are doing OK. If they need something before I get down there, they text me, and I go meet the need that has arisen.

The past few days have been stressful beyond belief at work. The powers that be let the receiver and her back up both go on vacation at the same time. Guess who is third in line at receiving? I had to do this AND keep up on all my other duties. I have clinical proof that doing receiving raises my blood pressure. My evil twin went to work in my place both Monday and Tuesday. I had to apologize to some co-workers because I frightened them with a comment I made. (They thought I might "go postal" on everyone). I literally tore my hair out.

Yesterday was inventory. Inventory is always rough. I was actually looking forward to inventory. It meant that I wouldn't be doing receiving. Nuff said.

We've been having a few issues with "The Boy" recently. A while back, I found a multitude of snack wrappers hidden upstairs. He has been banned from eating upstairs. Guess what I found again? Lunchable containers and yogurt cups upstairs and spoons hidden in the pillowcase. He was punished by having to do dishes after supper last night (there were a lot of them).

He also has developed a bad habit of getting my "comic books" (Far Side, Calvin & Hobbes, Fox Trot, Dilbert, etc) out and reading them, but not putting them away. We have found them everywhere. When I find them, I pick them up and they get "stashed away" for a while. I don't think he has caught on yet.

It's Thursday, and I still haven't picked up my MIL's laundry. Yikes! Normally that is something that I do on Tuesday. With working over on Tuesday (they wanted me to work over even longer but my wife said NO) and revival services later that night, it just didn't happen. Wednesday wasn't much better. I'll get them today and then meet my wife for lunch (that doesn't happen very often). No work today. I don't go back to work until next Tuesday (with regular hours no less. Probably means we will be working Saturday). Maybe I can recharge my batteries (Aiieee, He's an alien robot! I just knew it!)

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Hey, Sir....sorry to hear things have been so difficult at work. I really am. I know how it can be. :-/
I hope you are able to catch up nad get some much-needed rest over the holiday weekend! Tell the wife I said Hello!! :-)