Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My New Co-Worker

At the American Metal Gadget factory where I work, I recently got a new co-worker. The department next to my metal cutting department (also known as blocking) is called circle shear. They take the metal squares I cut and make circles (hence the name). It's like running a giant can opener. Marcy, the regular worker in that department, was needed in another department to help get out a hot order. When she returned, she found that she had been replaced:

She doesn't talk near as much as Marcy does, and never gets up from her machine to wander around. Someone told Marcy that she runs almost as much per day too. Marcy calls her "My evil twin", which is kind of funny, because she isn't much bigger than Marcy. The last time Marcy got on the scale I use to weigh metal, it registered in double digits. I told her I weighed more than that in 5th grade.

2 comments:

NinjaJohn said...

LOVE IT! I love workplace hijinks!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

FUN!!!

BTW, I try to convince my family that I, too, can be replaced. The dirty dishes and laundry seem to scream NO!

Oh, well...

Mrs. Nurse Boy