Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Home Decorating To Suit Your Personality

In an attempt to be a full service blog, I offer you this home decorating tip. Being a manly man, I may not know what I'm talking about, but here goes anyway. Only so many homes can be featured in "Better Homes & Gardens" or "Home Beautiful". Let your house reflect your personality.

Case in point, when My wife and I first purchased Castle Nottaguy, one of the main concerns we had was the stairwell leading from upstairs. The upstairs bathroom is over the stairwell, with the tub sitting on the stairwell ceiling. This makes a height of 5' 6" from step to ceiling, where the tub is at. You can't raise the ceiling without taking out the tub.

I have no problem because I am just short enough to feel my hair touch the ceiling in the stairwell in this trouble spot. The grand kids are the only other ones who have no problem with the height. I suggested putting a poster of Daffy or Donald Duck in the stairwell to remind people what to do. Lady Nottaguy-TYG shot that idea down (it must have been duck season).


The solution came at an auction I attended (I am now grounded from going to auctions by myself). I purchased these ceramic duck wall hangings for $1 and had the Ogre letter the sign.

The sign says "DUCK or you'll QUACK your head!". One person nearly fell down the stairs because she was laughing so hard. At least she wouldn't have hit her head on the ceiling.

5 comments:

Liz said...

And yet I still quack my head nearly every time.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

And who knew that you offered some decorating tips??? THAT, my friend, is funny stuff!!! I LOVE it!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

midlife slices said...

I'd definitely quack my head and then my feathers would really be ruffled. :)

Heather Kay said...

Very Funny! I would probably have quacked my head the first time while trying to figure it out. I'm kinda slow that way. :)

NinjaJohn said...

Head=Quacked several times...