Friday, June 1, 2012

Flashback Friday #188

Stumped

Hello. It's time, once again, to stroll down Memory Lane. Pay no attention to the weeds growing through the cracks in the sidewalk.

I had mentioned in Flashback Friday #184 that I was seeing/dating Kelly Stump. I use the term seeing/dating because we didn't go very many places together. We went on probably three dates max. She came over whenever she could slip away from her folks. She was adopted by an older couple that were extremely protective. Had they any inclination to the behaviors that she exhibited, the both would have needed medical attention. I went over to her house whenever her parents would allow.

Until one day I got a call from Kelly. She said her folks had gone away and she was lonely. She wanted to know if Dad could drop me off at her place. I asked, and he was willing.

I lived 3 miles North of Marengo. She lived two mile South of Marengo. I was at her place in under 10 minutes. She had a long driveway, and I had Dad drop me off at the street so he wouldn't have to drive all the way to the house and try to turn around in the small area by the house.

When I got in the house, she grabbed me by the arm and exclaimed that she was so glad to see me. She the pulled me onto the couch and kissed me like she hadn't seen me in years. She asked if I wanted a soda and I said I did. She brought me one, but didn't get herself one. "If I get thirsty, I just get a drink of yours. It's not like I'm afraid of your germs or anything.

After about 20 minutes passed, she heard a noise outside and looked out the window. "Expletive delete" she exclaimed. My parents are coming up the driveway. They weren't supposed to be back for at least an hour. "Quick", she exclaimed, "Out the back door and through the woods." Seeing that there was a shotgun in a rack near the backdoor, I bolted out and ran for all I was worth.

The woods ended at the road about 3/4 mile from Kelly's house. I was only about a 3/4 mile from my cousin's ex-wife's house (she was the sister of Doris). I walked there, hoping she would give me a ride home. When I knocked at the door, a scruffy guy answered. I asked for my cousin's ex. He didn't know who she was. Great. I'm now 6 1/2 miles from home with no way home but to walk. And that's what I did. I didn't go over to Kelly's house when her folks weren't there ever again.

No comments: