Saturday, July 30, 2011

The End of the Fair

Today marks the end of our county fair. We had open-to-the-world truck pulls today. The crowd wasn't nearly as large as rough truck. Today wasn't quite as hot as the earlier part of the week was either. Our church has finished it's roles of cleaning the grounds in the morning and parking the cars at night. Tomorrow, the local juvenile delinquents get to clean up the fair grounds. This is one of our major fundraisers at the church. We've been doing it for many years.


Today, nobody attempted to sneak through our area. How do you go from two dozen last night to none tonight. Easy. We had some extra teens, so I had two of them stand (in the shade) over by the area where the majority of the sneakers slip in. Since they could see that they were being watched, nobody tried. There were reports of sneakers in other locations though.


When I got home, one of the first things that I did was take off my sandals. I've worn them all week. My dog came over and sniffed them and walked to the other side of the room. My wife said "Wow, Those really do smell bad. I can smell them all the way over here". I took them and sprayed some Febreeze on them. I have never heard Febreeze scream before.


As promised, here are some pics from Thursday night when I took "The Boy" into the fair to ride rides:





On the way to the rides, we saw some free face painting. "The Boy decided to have a lizard done on his arm. I took a picture of it so he could remember it. I figured he would sweat it off. He did.






This is him on the first ride of the night. Doesn't he look excited?





This is him with a friend he made while standing in line. He always gets in line for this ride, but always chickens out at the last minute. Not this time. He rode it twice. Here is the ride from further back:

That's him in the first car. This thing rock back & forth until it goes all the way around. It goes all the way around six or seven times per ride.




He liked this ride except for the fact that since he was on the outside, he got squished by his buddy from the centrifugal force of the ride.





Here are a couple of short video clips from the fair. The first is the ride that goes upside down that The Boy rode twice. The second id him on the giant side.










No comments: