Sunday, June 13, 2010

bizzy, bizzy, bizzy

What a busy week this has been. Each day I've gotten up at 5 AM every day so I can be at work by 6 AM (overtime, it looks good on the check, but it wears you out).

Monday was the last day of "The Boy's" school. I picked him up at 3:30 and rushed home. When I got home, I jumped through a quick shower and piled Lady Nottaguy-TYG, "The Boy" & "The Girl" (who had been picked up from the sitter's by my wife) into the car and drove 2 1/2 hours away to calling hours for my aunt. We got to bed about 11 PM that night.

Tuesday, after work, I raced home and mowed the yard. Due to recent rains, it hadn't been cut for nearly a week and a half. I was considering baling it. After that, a quick shower and off to VBS, where I was in a skit every night and helping with crowd control with the kids. It was a western theme that told the story of David if it had been set in the old west. I was Sheriff Saul.

Wednesday I went to the nursing home where my MIL lives and picked up her laundry. I then had to swing over to the babysitter and pick up "The Girl". After getting the laundry going and putting the young 'un down for a nap,I grabbed a quick shower and off to VBS. I finished the laundry and folded it after VBS let out.

Thursday I stopped by the bank after work to give my wife my check. Then I went back over to the nursing home to deliver & put away the clean laundry. A quick shower & off again to VBS.

Friday I started our laundry and I got to take a little longer of a shower after work, but had to be at VBS a little earlier to go over the final scene with some extras we had recruited. At the end of the night, we had to tear everything down and have the church back in order for Sunday.

Saturday I had to be at work again at 6AM (I miss the days of worrying about what cartoon you would watch on Saturday morning) but I only worked until 10 AM (our contract states we MUST give the company at least 8 hours overtime if they ask). When I got home, Lady Nottaguy-TYG & I went off to Amish country all by our selves. It was late when we turned in, and a thunderstorm kept Sparky the wonder dragon terrified until close to Midnight.

Today we've got church in the AM & PM (with a nap in between YAY!) Tomorrow it's up at 5 AM again to start the new week. At least we don't have VBS next week.

I will try to do better about commenting on your posts.

No comments: