Friday, August 24, 2012

Flashback Friday # 199



Forget It, Just Forget It.






Greetings one & all.


For the last month or so I've spun the epic story of my love life (or lack thereof) in the 10th grade. It seemed like I went from walking on broken glass to licking a light socket. Either of those would have seemed to be more favorable to a young man spurned by Cupid.


I was never a leader in High School. Always a follower. I wanted so desperately be be "Normal". I later discovered that normal is a setting on a clothes dryer. Life is never normal.


I came to the realization that being normal just wasn't in the cards for me. Fine! Be that way! Forget it, just forget it! I didn't need to be normal. I needed to be me.


I made up y mind that I was going to stop chasing skirts. Don't get the wrong idea. I still liked girls A LOT, I just figured that if I couldn't find someone to go steady with me, I'd wait until someone asked me. What's the worst that could happen (other than graduating High School with a total of two girlfriends). Normal or not, my mind was made up.

No comments: