Friday, August 17, 2012

Flashback Friday # 198





I Hated That Commercial





A big "hello" to all who have stopped by.



If you've been reading this post for the last few weeks, you've read of a frustrated 10th grader who has girl troubles. It was like a sitcom, minus the laugh track. Only, to me, it wasn't funny.



It was bad enough being ostracized at school for not having a girlfriend. Anyone who was anyone had a "steady". Then a commercial would come on the TV and rub salt into my wounds.



Close-Up toothpaste ran a series of commercial that began by shouting out "Close-Up wants to know HOW'S YOUR LOVE LIFE?" I dreaded those commercials. When they would come on, if I was alone, I would scream at them "Thanks for (expletive delete) reminding me!" Go ahead, Close-Up, kick a man while he's down.



Since we didn't have TV remotes (nobody did because they hadn't been invented then) When I would see one of those commercials start up, I'd spring from the couch or chair to turn it off. I never made it before being screamed at "How's your love life". Oh for a mute button back then.

No comments: