Friday, July 27, 2012

Flashback Friday # 195



Goodbye Kelly



Hello, It's good to see you again (not really seeing, but you know what I mean).


In last week's post, I was advised by a well liked teacher (Mrs. Redwood, who was my Home-EC teacher & FHA advisor) to part ways with Kelly Stump. After her actions at the Dogpatch Family Night, I was told that I was too good of a kid to be mixed-up with a girl like that. There was only one problem. I had never broken up with a girl before. Anytime I had a girlfriend in the past, they always broke up with me. This was unfamiliar territory.


Those of you who know me in real life, know that I'm not one to be confrontational. To say I'm laid back is an understatement. I wanted to part ways with Kelly, but was clueless on how to do it and almost afraid of the backlash that may come with it.


Since I didn't know what to do, I did nothing. I didn't call her. I didn't return any of her calls. I made efforts to be busy when I knew something was coming up that she'd want to do. She got tired of my non-availability and dumped me for a guy who had a negative I.Q. (I think he could count as high as potato).


Now that I as single again, the quest became to find a new girlfriend (because in High School, you are nothing if you don't have a steady). The next few weeks will cover those disasters.

No comments: