Friday, December 3, 2010

Flashback Friday # 116




Goodbye Pauline


Greetings to all who have stopped by for a spell and to those who have accidentally stumbled upon my ranting & reminisces.

All (or should I say both) of you who read my Flashback Fridays for a while, know of my infatuation with Pauline Pershing, my neighbor when I was a teen. She was the first girl that I was ever "in love" with, even though she wouldn't give me the time of day.

One day, when the school bus was coming down the road, I noticed that Pauline hadn't come out of her house yet. Both of her parent's cars were still in the driveway. Perhaps she's sick? I never had both parents stay home with me when I was sick. I got on the bus and hoped she was feeling better when I got home.

When I got home, I was taken completely off guard. Not only were both of her parent's cars gone, but everything else of theirs was too. They had moved away while I was in school. I had no clue as to where they moved to. I was heart broken.

A couple of years later, I was at our county seat (home of the Rat Palace movie theater, see Flashback Friday #91) when who do you think I ran into? If you said "Pauline and her family", you would be correct. There had been several issues with their house that the landlord hadn't fixed, so they found a different house, closer to their dad's work.

When I saw her, all the old feelings I had for her came flooding back. I asked her what time it was, she told me she didn't have a watch. She still wouldn't give me the time of day. I did eventually get over her, but that is a topic for another time & another post.

Did you ever have a "crush" on someone that was hard to shake?

No comments: