Sunday, September 27, 2009

I just don't understand.

Here in Ohio, when Winter hits, you generally have no reprieve until Spring.

Yesterday, I was preparing for winter by going out to the yard waste site (that's the place where you drop off your tree branches and other yard wastes and the county grinds it up into free mulch). I bag this mulch up to add weight to the back of my pick-up truck so it doesn't slide all over the place during our snowy Winters (needless to say, there is still a lot of prayer involved while driving that truck in the snow & ice). When Spring comes, the mulch goes on my landscaping.

When I was heading out to get the mulch, a fine mist lay in the air. When I got there, I was the only one there. As I was bagging, the mist became a sprinkle and someone else arrived. A little later on the sprinkle became a light rain and a couple more people showed up for mulch. I had two bags left to fill when the light rain became a heavy rain. I hurried as fast as I could, knowing that I might not get a free Saturday to come back out for a while. The heavier the rain became, the more people came out to get mulch. There were about eight trucks there when I left, cold & soggy.

What some people won't endure for something that's free.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

WHAT?!?! No Flashback Friday post today? Am I on the wrong blog??? Hope all is well!

Mrs. Nurse Boy