Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh, What A Week

As you may have know, our church did a media fast last week. You don't realize how much of a computer junkie you are until you have to go a week without it. So here's a rundown on the highlight & low lights of my week.


I didn't feel good all week (that's an understatement). When I went to the doctor's, he diagnosed a sinus infection. As my loyal Flashback Friday's readers have found out, I don't handle pain and sickness well. I am a whinerbaby to say the least. (more on this on Lady Nottaguy's blog "My World And Welcome To It") Let's just say that if mucus was selling at the price of gold, I would never have to work another day in my life.


We took the Ogre's kiddos over to see my MIL at the nursing home on Thursday. Here is a picture of her holding our new granddaughter.(which makes it her great granddaughter)



It's hard to believe that there is 88 years between their ages.



On Friday, a co-worker brought a peanut butter pie to work (yum). She brought it in especially for another co-worker who had been bugging her for a long time to bring one in. Since it was his birthday, she figured she would surprise him. As it turns out, she was surprised because he had called in, and taken the day off. Knowing the pie wouldn't be good come Monday, she offered us all a piece. I sent this picture to my missing co-worker:




The caption said "Mmmmm, Peanut butter pie" He sent a text back that said "No fair, save me some" I texted him back "Too late, last piece is gone." Another co-worker sent him a picture of someone eating the last piece right out of the pan. I guess that's what happens when you play hooky.


Finally, While the wife and I were at Largest-Retailer-in-the World-Mart , I saw this offering:



It is a medicated powder called "Anti Monkey Butt Powder" (I am not making this up). I guess this answers the age old question of "What can you get for someone who has everything?"

4 comments:

Code Yellow Mom said...

I've been wondering what I could do about all the monkey butts at my house...Too bad there's not a WallyMert near me. Hmph.

And that peanut butter pie (or, rather, it's remains) looks (in my imagination) sooo good. I think I'm going to have to make me some.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

LOVE the powder...I know just what to get Nurse Boy for his next birthday ;0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Jewel said...

I am dying laughing here! Monkey Butt Powder?? LOL I'll have to get some for my guys!
I'm not a peanut butter pie kind of person, so I'll pass. *smile*
Welcome back to blogdom!!!

Jewel said...

AND that is a beautiful picture of your MIL and little granddaughter. How precious!