Monday, February 23, 2009

What's in a name Part 3


Lady Nottaguy-TYG

When I first came up with the Sir Nottaguy-Imadad persona, I thought to myself "How am I going to address my wife on my blog?" I liked the whole medieval theme so I decided that she must be a Lady (which she is).

But the name"Lady Nottaguy" did nothing for me. I thought for a moment, and said to myself, "I'm very glad she's not a guy." Then the light bulb clicked on like you see in the comics. I would use the name Lady Nottaguy -TYG (the TYG is an acronym for Thank You God!) Regardless to what my kids say, I am a guy, and I couldn't even imagine being married to one.

Today is our 24th wedding anniversary. She should be admired for the fact that she has tolerated me all this time.I tell her that we have a strange and wonderful relationship. I'm strange and she's wonderful. When people tell her how funny her husband is, she rolls her eyes, lets out a sigh and says "You don't have to live with him." Thank you my dear for making my life complete.

Proverbs 18:22 - He that findeth a wife, findeth a good thing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy another 24 and more!

MotherT said...

Thank you, Dear! It has been wonderful being married to you for 24 years!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Awww...I love this post. I always wondered what in the world the TYG meant. Congrats on 24 years! I love that God designed marriage. It makes us better people, when we seek Him, that is. I really enjoyed the strange and wonderful comment, too. You two are blessed!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Jewel said...

Happy BELATED Anniversary, you two!!! (I'll be late to my OWN funeral, I swear.)
You two are so great together. You really are! The joy of the Lord truly emanates from you both! ((HUGS))