Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Circle of Life

Yesterday, at an aunt's funeral, my dad (who, at 78, is my oldest immediate relative) got to hold my new granddaughter (who, at three weeks, is my youngest). He had only seen pictures of her up until this moment.


He said that he may not be able to hold her for long, but he wanted to hold that baby. He then teased Mom that he got to hold her first.

My cousin's wife said the presence of babies at the funeral (there was also a three month old), put life in perspective. As we were honoring the dead at the front of the room, new life could be heard at the back.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

So precious! The circle of life continues. Babies bring a lot of things into perspective. The oldest and the youngest together, what a great picture!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Is your dad wearing an I-Pod? He is to hip for me!

Theresa said...

I'm sorry for your loss. How funny that your dad is wearing an Ipod. It makes me laugh.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

As hip as Dad may be. he isn't wearing an ipod. I'm not even sure he knows what they are. He doesn't hear well and that is his set of "TV Ears" that he uses. He says why spend $3000 for hearing aids when these work well for him for $12.99.