Friday, September 27, 2013

Flashback Friday #240



An Overnight Guest



Welcome back for another helping of menutia.

The the last Flashback Friday post, I told you about moving into our new digs. We had moved in everything we had planned to move for the time being and evryone had gone their own ways. It wasn't dark yet, but dusk was setting in. As I was heading into the house from the trailer, I heard someone call out my name.

I looked up and one of the guys that I went to school with, was riding down the road on his bike. Jon coasted to a stop and we chatted for a few minutes. While we chatted, neither of us had noticed how dark the clouds were getting. Suddenly, a storm broke out and both of us headed for the trailer for shelter.

Mom didn't like the idea of Jon riding his bike home in the dark during a storm. His bike was too big to fit into the Pinto, so Mom asked him if he'd like to spend the night. He said he'd have to call home first. His folks were relieved to know that he wouldn't be riding his bike in the storm (he lived about four miles away).

I had never had anyone spend the night with me that I wasn't related to. Aunt Shelly's kids were over several times during the month to spend the night. Since my bed was now a bunk bed, there would be a place for a friend to sleep without sleeping with me or sleeping on the floor.

I always thought that it was funny that the very first night in our new home was spent with a visitor.

No comments: