Monday, June 22, 2009

I Won a Major Award

Anyone who has ever seen "A Christmas Story" remembers the "major award" won by Ralphie's dad. It's the infamous leg lamp pictured below:

Yesterday, at church, I won a major award (no, it wasn't a leg lamp). Two of our ministers annually give "fabulous prizes" out on Mother's Day & Father's Day. These ministers have great senses of humor (of which I like to think that I helped cultivate). Yesterday they gave awards for the oldest pick-up truck (a roll of duct tape), the person who grills out the most (an apron), the man who drinks the most coffee (sippy cups), the greatest outdoorsman (little toy bow & arrow, man who snores the loudest (ear plugs for his wife) and the man with the most ties (a huge plastic bow tie). My major award is pictured below:
When asked who had the most ties, nearly my entire Sunday school class jumped up and pointed at me. I make it a habit to wear a different tie every Sunday, sometimes incorporating my lesson in the tie. Talking with Lady Nottaguy-TYG last night, I may even wear this tie for next Sunday Morning as part of my lesson on the wisdom of Solomon.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Awesome.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Congrats!!

Now I am curious about this tie collection...do you feel a post coming on? (With pictures, of course!)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Rebecca said...

I thought up the categories. You're welcome. =)

Lavender Chick said...

I wish I was in your Sunday school class.....