Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Technologically Amish No More


Jeremy:My parents haven't upgraded their cell phones for like, two years.

Jeremy: My dad's computer monitor is the size of a dishwasher. And don't get me started on the speed of our internet connection.

Viral: Jeremy, I had no idea.
Jeremy: Technologically we're almost Amish.

Sorry we haven't been around for a while. The Internet has been down because (drum roll please): We no longer have dial-up! We have jumped into the world of DSL. Plus we BOTH got a present for Mother's Day:


We got a GREAT deal on new phones, so we both got one (my wife's phone is maroon).

I still have many technical things I can't figure out, but I am no longer technologically Amish. Technologically Mennonite perhaps, but not technologically Amish.

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

WOW! CONGRATS! What will you do will all of your free time now that you don't have to wait on your dial up?

Twitter?!

Text message?!

Web Cam conversations with the Lemons?!

Your options are limitless.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Valerie said...

How exciting!!

"technologically mennonite perhaps"--so funny!!!

Congrats on the update!! Have fun in your new world!

Jewel said...

*sighhhhhh* I am so trying not to be covetous of your high-speed. We're still hoping to get high-speed in the hills some time soon. *sighhhhhh*
I am still verrrrryyyy happy for you! *smile*