Friday, November 8, 2013

Flashback Friday #246



The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same


Greetings to all who have ventured this way. I hope you came here on purpose, but if you didn't, you can read my drivel anyway.

Currently, in my storytelling, we pick up our story during the summer between 10th & 11th grades. During this summer I've (if you've been reading my blog, you already know this) taken Driver's Ed, Moved into a new house, and dated Kelly Stump (again, even though I told myself I wouldn't).

Another thing that happened during that summer was that Toni & I got back together.She rode over to my house one day on her bike and told me that she had to talk to me. She knew that I wasn't one to talk a lot on the phone, unlike Carol, who would call me and get mad because I wasn't talking. Hello, you called, you should do the talking. Anyway, she told me that all the other guys she dated after we broke up, none could hold a candle to me. I was unlike anyone she had ever met. Then she asked if we give it another try.

Of course, I said yes because I hated the fact that I didn't have a steady girlfriend. I also didn't have enough self-esteem to ask anyone else. Here was someone who was asking me. I'd be crazy to say no.

I learned later on, at my high school reunions, that there were some other girls that liked me but wouldn't or didn't say anything. In retrospect, if they had dropped a hint or two, I probably would have tripped over them and gone about my business.

No comments: