Sunday, October 7, 2012

Flashback Friday #205


The Striptease

Greetings, Sorry I'm late. Lots of things going on around here.

I'll bet you're wondering about the title. Did I go to a nudie bar? Nope. See a dirty movie? Nope. The explanation is this. When Dad would come home from work, he was hot & sweaty. Since it was HIS house, HE could do whatever he pleased in it.

As he walked through the door, off came the shirt. Three steps into the house, the undershirt came off. A shoe was kicked off as soon as he sat down. socks immediately thereafter. He'd then stand up and drop his drawers and plop down on the couch in only his underwear. This happened on a nightly basis. He'd eat his supper on the couch, watching TV in his skivvies.

This wouldn't be so bad, but back then, folks stopped by without calling. "Just driving by and decided to stop in and see how you were doing." You wouldn't believe how fast he could sprint off that couch when he heard someone pulling up in the driveway.

I may have told this part before, but I couldn't find it in the archives, so you'll have to bear with me telling it again. One evening, Dad was all sprawled out and I was sitting in the chair beside the door. I leaned slightly and gave a quick rap on the door. Dad sprang from the couch and I nearly busted a gut laughing. He looked out from the kitchen and said "That was dirty." He then went back to the couch. Not more than three minutes later, there was a rap on the door. Dad figured it was me again, so he didn't move. At our house, you knocked a couple times, then walked in.

Since Dad thought it was me, he didn't move. At least he didn't move until he saw Aunt Shelly walk through the door. Boy, did he ever move then. You would have thought he was shot from a cannon. I busted whatever guts I hadn't busted laughing the first time.

No comments: