Saturday, December 19, 2009

Help! There's a dog in my underwear!

Has the rush of the Christmas season got you down. Are you having a "Blue Christmas"? If so, this TRUE story should put a smile on your face.

I was at my parent's house the other day when Dad told me of something that happened to him recently. But first I must get some of the ensuing details painted first.

My Mom had a home health client who recently passed away. Her client was concerned about what would happen to her little poodle when she died. Mom told her that she would take the dog. My parents haven't had an inside dog in a very long time.

This dog hated men when it was with Mom's client. Now that it is at my parent's house, it is the constant companion of my Dad. Dad can't even go to the bathroom without CoCo following him.

The other day, Dad went to the bathroom, followed by his little furry shadow. While he was sitting "upon the throne", CoCo curled up and made himself comfortable in Dad's underwear.

The problem was, is that Dad had a stroke a couple years ago and his arms just aren't as strong as they once were, and neither is his balance. When he finished, he tried to pull up his shorts & pants but with the extra weight of the dog, he couldn't get them up. He couldn't bend over and pick up the dog for fear of toppling foreword. He told the dog to move with no avail. He called out for someone to help him, but wasn't heard over the TV. He sat there and contemplated what to do. Finally, he lifted his legs straight in front of him, and out plopped the dog. He now closes the door upon entry to "the throne room".

No comments: