Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas recovery

Since Christmas was on Friday this year (my normal laundry day, yes ladies I do the laundry around here), and we went down south for some Lemon squeezings from the grand kids on Saturday, and Sunday was church, our laundry never got done. Fortunately, I had the foresight to schedule the day off today as a vacation day.

I started laundry before Lady Nottaguy-TYG even started getting ready for work today. I had seven loads (counting the bedspread). You know it is Christmas time when you have an entire load of reds. Since I was taking her to work today so I could have the car, I needed to get started early.

With a load in the washer & one in the dryer, I took her to work. After I dropped her off, I stopped by and took care of a couple of dogs that we are sitting. I then came home and did the dishes so I could take Mom her deviled egg container that she sent home with the leftover eggs with my wife on Christmas.

I wanted to get that dish clean so I could take it back to her with the ham bone & pies that she forgot at my brother's. I also etched their names on two tool sets that they got in the gift exchange. With that, I also has a disk of pictures to take with me to load on their computer. The drive there was quite an adventure, due to the snow we recieved. I was glad I was driving the car and not my truck (that thinks it's a sled).

When I got back, I joined my wife for lunch. It's nice to have lunch with your spouse during the week. I then came home and finished the laundry.

After I picked her up from work, I folded and put away all the laundry. We then ate supper and I read a book that I got in a lot from ebay. I purchased this lot for one specific book (which I gave as a Christmas present). The rest came along for the ride. (BTW- the book I read was Surviving the Applewhites by Stephanie Tolan. Technically it is teen book, but was pretty good, and an easy evenings read.)

I then went and put the dogs out again. When I got back, I turned on the electric blanket to warm up the bed (Thanks again,Mom). It should be warm by now. Good night to all.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Lemon squeezings - that's cute Dad :)

MotherT said...

You are such a wonderful house-husband! Thanks for all the hard work! ((HUGS))

Jewel said...

I thought the "lemon squeezings" was very clever, too, Sir! How sweet!
AND you ARE one special dad, husband and grandfather to your family! Not to mention son!
You sure did pack alot into that one day off! *whew*
I'm always telling Ed that I don't know how people get bored! :-)
Happy New Year to you and the Mrs.!!! :-)