Monday, November 10, 2008

You've got to be kidding

Those of you who have read my blog for a while know that I love sock monkeys. I had a dozen of them as a child, and I have one upstairs with "Papa's cool toys". I even got a sock monkey keychain for my birthday (Thanks H Family). While cruising Ebay yesterday, I found this:

It's an Obama sock monkey. There were 11 bids, and it sold for over $89. There are more of them listed, with starting bids over $35. I like sock monkeys, but my wealth is not going to be re-distributed for one of these any time soon.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Here's a sock monkey more your style
http://chelseaslittleshoppe.blogspot.com/2008/04/monkey-business.html

Valerie said...

That's crazy. . . and it's not even cute!! :)

Liz said...

And, after second thoughts, wouldn't some people be incredibly offended at this?

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I know what you mean mrs. lemon. I figured there would be a great outcry, and the item taken off Ebay. Shows you how much I know. I don't think it's very cute either valerie.