Thursday, August 25, 2011

It Made My Day

Yesterday, I pulled into the parking lot of "The Boy's" school. It was the first day of school and I was to pick him up since his mother, "The Ogre", had to work. In the parking lot there is a large bin for paper recycling. I had some newspapers & magazines that I had saved up for the first time I was by there. I make sure this is the only paper recycling bin that I use so my grandson's school will get the profits from it.

But I digress. Shortly after I placed my stuff in the bin, two boys came out of the school carrying a large tote of papers from their classroom. After they dumped the tote, one of the boys looked back into the bin. Spotting the two Sports Illustrated amongst the items that I had recycled, he leaned in to fish them out. His friend asked "What ARE you doing?" He responded "Cool! Look what I found!" as he smiled from ear to ear as he waved the magazines over his head.

It made my day to see the joy on his face that resulted from some recycled magazines.

No comments: