Monday, September 15, 2008

Time To Roar

Usually this blog is humorous and light-hearted. BUT, There are times when, as the blog title states, I can rear upon my hind legs and roar.
I have fired off e-mails to the following links, and if you are offended with this cartoon that ran in the Washington Post on Sept. 9th,2008, I suggest that you do the same.
ombudsman@washpost.com
executive.editor@washingtonpost.com
As a Christian, please don't make the e-mail mean spirited, but be firm. I know, beyond a shadow of doubt, that they wouldn't have made fun of Sarah Palin's religion if she was Islamic. The radical arm of Islam would have burned the building to the ground.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I am enraged at the cartoon and I am formulating my emails. I agree with you they would have never made fun if she were a Muslim.

Glad your family and church are safe from yesterday's storms. Who knew we could have hurricanes in the Mid-West?? A lot of mess to clean up, but things could have been a lot worse.

Lavender Chick said...

It's that time in the campaign when is just gets ugly. I can't believe we're less than 60 days away... When I find cartoons offensive and disturbing, I try really hard to remind myself that it is just that - a cartoon. And in this case, it's politics. As our Texas neighbor Kinky Friedman defines politics: Poli (latin for many) Tics (blood-sucking parasites)...

Loving your blog! Glad you made the plunge...

Anonymous said...

Amen. Seems Political Correctness' blind spot is Christianity. You can do, say or be anything and get away with it; worse get Praised for it, but being a Christian, no no. I pray the 85% of people in this country who do believe in God would tell the 14% to stand down. Great post. Blessings, Whitney