Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wild, Whirlwind Weekend

Sorry about not posting for a bit. It has been a bit crazy around here. Thursday was our 27th wedding anniversary. On Friday, Lady Nottaguy-TYG took me to the Horizion phone store and got me a new cell phone.

Those of you who know me well, know that I don't like change. I've had only three phones before this new one. Once I learn how to use it, I don't want to get a different one and start the learning process all over again. This time, I got a smart phone. I should be pictured in the next Horizon advertisement: Smart phone/ Stupid user. Things aren't as bad as I pictured it could be. I'm beginning to get the hang of it. I also love to play Angry Birds.

Saturday found us travelling to Dublin for a bible quizzing tournament. We got there at 9 AM to help set up. By the time the tournament was over, it was a little past 5 PM. There were 19 junior teams and eight beginner teams. Our grandson, "The Boy", did well. He posted a 71.67 point per quiz average. That would have landed him on the "All-Tournament Team" if his team had won one more game (teams had to win a minimum of two game to make ATT). Both of his team's losses came on the final question. He did get a ribbon for Honorable Mention ATT. He also got a ribbon for highest score in a quiz and two second highest scorer ribbons.

Sunday was church. For us, that an all day event.

Monday, I didn't have to work. At my company, if you have Friday or Monday off, You don't have to work Saturday (if Saturday is posted). They wouldn't give me Friday off, but they would give me Monday (OK?). I spent the day with Lady Nottagut-TYG and "The Girl" (who wasn't feeling well). When "The Boy" got here from school, he spotted the bag from Horizon, that my phone & accessories came in. He looked in it and found the booklet "Master Your Device". He said "You don't need this, all you have to do is ask Mom." LOL

No comments: